Prepare for your IELTS exam with this advanced course that will help you achieve the band you need.
CRICOS Code: 084918C
At Australian English, we are all about providing the best possible study environment. We strive to achieve this through our dedicated and supportive staff, the most effective teaching methods and state-of-the-art facilities. Most importantly, you are not just a student – you are part of our family.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is quickly becoming the most widely recognised English test in the world. It is accepted for entry into higher education and professional bodies, and for Australian visa applications.
IELTS tests speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to provide scores from band 1 (non-user) to band 9 (expert user). These scores are combined to provide an overall band score.
Most English speaking universities and higher education institutions require students to have an overall band score of between 6.0 and 7.5 to be eligible for entry.
At the Australian English Language School, you will not just practice IELTS exercises, check scores and talk about general tips and strategies. We go much further than this. We analyse the work of each student, giving advice on how to successfully meet each part of the IELTS marking criteria. We then help them practically apply that advice, especially areas of weakness. For that reason we offer weekly practice tests for ongoing improvement.
Visa: Open to Student, Working Holiday, permanent resident applicants and Tourist visa holders
Monday to Thursday from 4:00 PM to 9:15 PM
|Duration||2 – 52 weeks|
On the first day of the course, you will undergo an orientation process where you will receive the information you need to start your studies. Your attendance to this orientation is compulsory.
- 20 hours per week + 5 hours self-study – Evening Course
- Weekly practice tests, writing tasks and follow up with your teacher
- Receive your personal IELTS course book and workbook
- Study a variety of topics similar to those on the IELTS exam and in academic settings
- Use a wide range of IELTS examination techniques that will help you get your best IELTS score
- Become confident with the IELTS exam and learn the best way to maximise your results:
- How to approach the tasks / questions
- What the examiners are looking for
- What to do (& what not to do!)
- How to prepare for the writing tasks
- How to manage your time in the exam
- Examples of good and bad answers