Overseas Student Health Cover

Student visa holders

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) requires applicants for a student visa to contract a health insurance for the duration of their visa. Usually students are required to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
OSHC covers the cost for out-of-hospital and some hospital medical treatment, pharmaceuticals and emergency ambulance services.


Australian English Language School works in partnership with BUPA. Further information about OSHC, including prices and claims is available online

Australian English Language School arranges visa-length OSHC with BUPA, the school’s preferred health insurance provider. You can pay the health cover premium when accepting your offer. Australian English will inform the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) that OSHC is in place for you and will indicate this on your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).